BCCI Application Materials
Congratulations on your decision to apply for board certified chaplain or associate certified chaplain status through the Board of Chaplaincy Certification Inc. Please review all of the documents below before completing the application.
Application, Forms & Instructions
Save each of the following forms to your computer (Right click to “save target as”), complete the forms and return them to BCCI. If you have not started an application yet, please refer to the “How to Complete the Online Application” section for instructions on using the new online application portal.
- Application and checklist (Word doc)
- Chaplain Clinical Contact cover sheet (Word doc)
- Accountability for Ethical Conduct form
- How to Complete the Online Application
Important Information for BCCI Applicants
- Qualifications/requirements includes definitions of board certified chaplain and associate certified chaplain
- Application Procedures (Word doc)
- Professional Competency Courses
- Competencies applicants must demonstrate, with writing guide
- Equivalency forms
- APC Code of Ethics
- Common Code of Ethics developed by the Council on Collaboration
- Guidelines for the Chaplain’s Role in Health Care Ethics
If you have questions regarding the Board of Chaplaincy Certification Inc. certification process, please contact the national office at 847.240.1014 or email@example.com.
BCCI certification does not include membership in the Association of Professional Chaplains. Chaplains who join APC before submitting their BCCI application receive a discount on their application fees. This is just one of the many benefits APC membership offers.
- Applications and Forms
- BCCI Application Materials
- Candidate Resources
- Common Qualifications and Competencies
- FAQs Regarding Certification
- Interview Calendar
- Interview Committee Resources
- Subsequent Appearance
- Qualifications for Board Certified & Associate Certified Chaplains