BCCI Application Materials
Congratulations on your decision to apply for board certified chaplain or associate certified chaplain status through the Board of Chaplaincy Certification Inc. Please review all of the information below before completing the application.
Application, Forms & Instructions
Save each of the following forms to your computer (Right click to “save target as”), complete the forms and return them to BCCI.
Please note: As of June 30, 2023, all applications for Board Certification must be submitted through the new online portal. If you have started filling out the paper forms, you will need to transfer the information to the online portal.
Please refer to the “How to Complete the Online Application” section for instructions on using the new online application portal.
BCCI Application Fees:
APC member price – $415 (due at time of application submission)
Non-member price – $575 (due at time of application submission)
Important Information for BCCI Applicants
- All applications must be completed in the online portal and must follow the online application instructions. The previous paper application instructions are no longer applicable.
- Qualifications/requirements includes definitions of board certified chaplain and associate certified chaplain
- Professional Competency Courses
- Competencies applicants must demonstrate, with writing guide
- Equivalency forms
- APC Code of Ethics
- Common Code of Ethics developed by the Council on Collaboration
- Guidelines for the Chaplain’s Role in Health Care Ethics
If you have questions regarding the Board of Chaplaincy Certification Inc. certification process, please contact the national office at 847.240.1014 or email@example.com.
BCCI certification does not include membership in the Association of Professional Chaplains. Chaplains who join APC before submitting their BCCI application receive a discount on their application fees. This is just one of the many benefits APC membership offers.
- Applications and Forms
- BCCI Application Materials
- Candidate Resources
- Common Qualifications and Competencies
- FAQs Regarding Certification
- Interview Calendar
- Interview Committee Resources
- Subsequent Appearance
- Qualifications for Board Certified & Associate Certified Chaplains