Upcoming Schedule & Application Deadlines
For board certified, provisional certified and associate certified chaplain applicants:
- All interviews will be held virtually for February and October – no need to travel to a meeting location.
- All interviews for June will be held at the APC Annual Conference and will be limited to the first 48 candidates with completed applications that request an in-person interview. All other candidates will be scheduled for virtual interviews in July (dates to be determined)
- Interviews will be limited to 120 candidates for the February and October periods.
- Interviews will be held in the timeframe noted, but candidates will not be assigned an exact date and time until 5 weeks prior to the interview.
- Applications that are started after March 2, 2023, must be completed through the online application in the certification portal.
- Completed applications must be received in the BCCI office by the deadline – not postmarked by the deadline.
- SUGGESTION: Submit application well in advance of the deadline – this allows time for review and, if needed, for you to submit additional materials.
- All equivalencies and spiritual/faith group recognitions (if any) must be approved prior to the application deadline.
- Applications must be typed, including the application form.
- Check the BCCI website for current materials, forms, policies, and procedures.
All online submissions must be received by 11:59pm Eastern Time on the deadline date.
|June 30, 2023||October 1 – 15, 2023||Virtual|
|October 31, 2023||Feb/Mar 2024||Virtual|
|March 5, 2024||2024 APC/NACC Conference||St. Louis, MO|
- Applications and Forms
- BCCI Application Materials
- Candidate Resources
- Common Qualifications and Competencies
- FAQs Regarding Certification
- Interview Calendar
- Interview Committee Resources
- Subsequent Appearance
- Qualifications for Board Certified & Associate Certified Chaplains