Upcoming Schedule & Application Deadlines
For board certified, provisional certified and associate certified chaplain applicants:
- All interviews will be held virtually for February and October – no need to travel to a meeting location.
- All interviews for June will be held at the APC Annual Conference in Houston, TX.
- Interviews will be limited to 120 candidates for the February and October periods.
- Interviews for June will be limited to 48 candidates.
- Interviews will be held in the timeframe noted, but candidates will not be assigned an exact date and time until 5 weeks prior to the interview.
- Applicants must send a hard copy application –digital applications are not accepted at this point. We will be transitioning to an online system later this year and will update this site when it is available.
- Completed applications must be received in the BCCI office by the deadline – not postmarked by the deadline.
- SUGGESTION: Submit application well in advance of the deadline – this allows time for review and, if needed, for you to submit additional materials.
- All equivalencies and spiritual/faith group recognitions (if any) must be approved prior to the application deadline.
- Applications must be typed, including the application form.
- Check the BCCI website for current materials, forms, policies, and procedures.
|June 28, 2022||September 12-30, 2022|
(not Sept. 26th or 27th)
|October 31, 2022||February 27 – March 17, 2023||Virtual|
|March 1, 2023||June 20-21, 2023||Houston, TX|
|June 30, 2023||October 1 – 15, 2023||Virtual|
- Applications and Forms
- BCCI Application Materials
- Candidate Resources
- Common Qualifications and Competencies
- FAQs Regarding Certification
- Interview Calendar
- Interview Committee Resources
- Subsequent Appearance
- Qualifications for Board Certified & Associate Certified Chaplains