Continuing Education Information
Continuing Education Portal – NEW!
Beginning November 3, 2022, we’re transitioning to a new system to enter and track your continuing education hours.
All members will now be required to enter their CE information through the new portal. With the new system in place, BCCI will be unable to accept submissions through other methods, such as e-mail, mail, or fax.
For detailed instructions on how to enter CE’s in the new system, please click here.
Annual Summary of Continuing Education Hours are due by January 31.
Please click the button below to access the Annual Summary of Continuing Education in the Certification Portal.
Please note: If your CE submission is selected for audit, the auditing process will begin on February 1, and will be reviewed in the order received. Once the audit is complete, you will receive an email notification.
The continuing education program for maintenance of BCCI certification is designed to develop and promote chaplaincy skills for the board certified chaplain (BCC) and associate certified chaplain (ACC), whether current or provisional.
This program says to patients, clients, colleagues, other professions and the public, that BCCI certified chaplains are committed to developing and maintaining quality professional knowledge and skills. To maintain their certification, individuals must engage in continuing education each year for their professional growth and development.
For questions, please contact the APC/BCCI national office, 847.240.1014 or email@example.com.
- Continuing Education Portal
- Continuing Education Guidelines & FAQs
- Continuing Education Objectives
- Continuing Education Requirements
Continuing Education Guidelines & FAQs
- Continuing Education Program Guidelines
- Continuing Education FAQs
- Common Standards for Professional Chaplaincy
- What “Counts” as Continuing Education (PDF)
- New Maintenance of BCCI Requirements, effective Jan. 2016 (PDF)
Continuing Education Objectives
The association’s guidelines for continuing education seeks to meet the following objectives:
- Provide opportunities to maintain and enhance the professional knowledge, competency and performance of chaplains.
- Provide opportunities to help chaplains identify personal and professional needs, and receive consultation, support and counsel from peers.
- Promote the development of resources and networks for the ongoing personal and professional learning and growth experiences of professional chaplains.
Continuing Education Requirements
All board certified, associate certified and provisional certified chaplains are required to accumulate at least 50 hours of continuing education (CE) per calendar year through participation in a broad range of educational experiences that relate to professional chaplaincy. Please refer to the Continuing Education Program Guidelines for more detailed instructions concerning BCCI CE requirements.
Maintenance of Certification
- Continuing Education Information
- Maintenance of Certification Fees
- Peer Review