Love + medicine is who we are, it’s what we do, it’s why people want to work here. If you’re looking for a job to love, apply today.
Gundersen Health System is looking for a new ACPE Certified Educator to begin Spring/Summer 2024.
We have a long, established history of providing quality CPE to many CECs, residents, and interns over the past 40 years.
As a well-resourced department with Health System and Medical Foundation support, our Certified Educator is able to focus on:
- Working with students and developing the CPE Program rather than department administration.
- Working collaboratively with our Clinical Manager of Spiritual Care who is a strong believer in CPE & will provide support that a healthy CPE Program needs
- Dedicating themselves to the growth and flourishing of our students; our CPE Program Coordinator assists with all the administrative needs of the CPE Program including student admissions, paperwork, and accreditation maintenance.
What you will need:
- Preferably National Faculty distinction or CEC in Phase 2
- 1 year full time chaplaincy experience after completion of at least 4 units of CPE
- Masters of Divinity degree or equivalent educational qualifications
We have support to hire Contract Educators as needed to augment the program. We are open to flexing our program dates and virtual options as needed for a new Educator to get up and running.
Our Spiritual Care Department is a diverse and joyful community of staff chaplains, on-call chaplains, students, volunteers, and staff. We value and celebrate a pluralistic community, communal decision making and healthy conflict, and having fun together as we care for the spiritual needs of patients, families, staff, and students. Gundersen is dedicated to staff flourishing which makes it a great place to work and grow your career.
We are looking to hire a Certified Educator to join our community of Spiritual Care (preferably with National Faculty distinction) or CEC in Phase 2 (nearing certification) to guide and grow our program of CECs, Residents, and Interns and. We are a department in growth as Bellin Health and Gundersen Health just completed a merger of equals and we are hoping to grow our CPE Program to include the community of Green Bay in the future. We are also hoping to capitalize on our great relationships with our Palliative Care service and our Behavioral Health teams to offer 2nd year residencies with these foci moving forward. Many exciting possibilities exist for our next Certified Educator! Please feel free to contact our Spiritual Care Department with questions at 608-775-3620 or firstname.lastname@example.org today. Materials will be reviewed until the position is filled.
In collaboration with Clinical Manager of Spiritual Care and CPE Program Coordinator, other department ACPE faculty, and the Professional Consultation Committee, the Educator is responsible for all aspects of the CPE program including, but not limited to: student education and supervision; curriculum development and implementation; student recruiting and selection; ACPE accreditation and certification standards for our Level I, Level II, and CEC programs. Collaborates with Clinical Manager and Clinical Operations Director, for short-term and long-term planning of CPE in the Region.
- Manage and supervise intensive and part-time units of CPE as negotiated throughout the year
- Develop, coordinate, and supervise curriculum (clinical and classroom) for CPE programming in the Gundersen-Bellin System
- Screen, interview, assign responsibilities, and evaluate CPE students
- Manage and oversee all student responsibilities
- Coordinates the clinical needs of the CPE students with the Spiritual Care staff in each of the GHS-Bellin locations where students are placed.
- Maintains all standards and accreditation requirements of ACPE and makes timely reports to ACPE as required in collaboration with CPE Program Coordinator.
- Facilitates the engagement of the Professional Consultation Committee for GHS.
- Work as a colleague within the Spiritual Care Department to assure that patients, families, and staff are receiving competent spiritual care and follow-up
- Communicate and collaborate with administration on all campuses for CPE concerns, celebrations, and contributions to mission engagement
- Collaborate with the Clinical Manager of Spiritual Care and Clinical Operations Director, on mission-related projects as assigned
- Communicate effectively with Gundersen Health and ACPE to assure all Standards for Accreditation of the educational program are maintained and that all reports are completed and submitted
12. Facilitate the healthy functioning of the PCC for GHS-Bellin, and with the support of the CPE Program Coordinator provide documentation of meetings and actions of the group.
13. Assure that all student information is handled for Gundersen – Bellin confidentially and in accordance with the CPE System Center Standards for ACPE, Inc. Provide leadership to the ACPE, Inc. professional organization, as time allows
14. The ACPE Educator will also be expected to take a leading role in the recruitment of students, marketing the program in the community, and proper maintenance of the hospital’s relationship with ACPE
- The ACPE Educator will model excellent pastoral care and provide spiritual care to patients, families, and staff as negotiated.
Education and Learning:
Master of Divinity degree or equivalent educational qualifications as evidenced by a graduate-level theological degree from a college, university or theological school accredited by a member of the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) or Association of Theological Schools (ATS) and recognized by the U.S
1 year full time chaplaincy experience after completion of at least 4 units of CPE.
One year as an ACPE – CE and one year of full time chaplaincy experience after completion of at least four units of CPE.
License and Certifications:
- ACPE Certified Educator Candidate Phase 2
- Certification as Certified Educator through ACPE within two (2) years of hire date.
- National Faculty Distinction through ACPE within four (4) years of hire date.
- If Board Certified Chaplain eligible, certification must be completed with two (2) years of hire date
ACPE Certified Educator with National Faculty Distinction.
Full board certification (BCC) by The Association of Professional Chaplains (APC), The National Association of Catholic Chaplains (NACC), or Neshama the Association of Jewish Chaplains (NAJC)