The Association of Professional Chaplains offers various levels of membership, which are listed below.
Becoming a member supports the mission, vision and values of the Association of Professional Chaplains. It also provides you with many direct and indirect benefits, including:
- Free copies of APC publications and journals
- Free access to Members Only resources on the APC website, including salary survey results and the APC membership directory
- Discounted member rates for BCCI certification and maintenance of certification
- Discounted member rates for educational webinars and annual conferences
- A collective voice for the profession of chaplaincy, influencing organizations such as the Joint Commission, American Medical Association, American Psychiatry Association and others
- Professional chaplaincy resources to assist with your professional practice
- The opportunity to be or become a board certified chaplain with the premier certifying body in the field of chaplaincy care
- Collegiality and networking with fellow chaplains in your area and across the country
These are just a handful of the benefits membership in APC provides. Thanks to the dedication of its members and volunteer leaders, APC continues to grow and expand with more services and programs to support the membership and strengthen the profession of chaplaincy.
“I have witnessed the efforts made by APC to increase the professionalism and standards for chaplaincy care so patients can receive best practices from chaplains across the country. Each year, the annual conference experience affords chaplains the opportunity to receive excellent education, network with colleagues and assist with certification interviews. It is my experience serving on Certification Committees that I can not only give expertise to candidates but also grow my own skills. I express deep appreciation to APC’s leadership for continually moving our profession to higher standards of chaplaincy care.”
Rev. Anna Lee Hisey Pierson BCC, Downers Grove, IL