The Forum issue of Association of Professional ChaplainsArticles
BCCI News & Updates – April
The next deadline for BCCI certification applications is July 28, 2021. We are very pleased that we continue to receive a large number of applications, but need to enforce some parameters in order to give the best service possible. Please note the following:
- The applications must be in the office on July 28th, not postmarked by that date.
- We will limit the number of interviews at 120 candidates.
- What does this mean? As applications are received by the office and reviewed, those that are complete will be given one of the 120 interview slots.
- Applications will be reviewed in the order they are received and assigned in the order completed. If your application is incomplete or is not formatted correctly, it won’t be assigned a slot until it is fixed or complete.
- It is advised to not wait until the last minute, as we anticipate receiving a large number of applications.
- Please help us! All materials should be one-sided. Do not put your materials with paper clips, staples, in a note book, or with plastic sleeves. Just make one stack and send it in!
- Applications which don’t follow the instructions will be returned. Use the checklist and follow the formatting guidelines.
The 2022 deadline/interview schedule is being developed will be posted on the BCCI website in May.
Deadlines for the Pallative Care and Hospice Advanced Certification:
- DEADLINE – Application received by July 15, 2021 for interview on Sunday, September 26, 2021
- DEADLINE – Application received by December 15, 2021 for interview on Sunday, February 27, 2021