Maintenance of Military Specialty Certification
BCC-MCs must maintain their specialty certification through specialty-specific continuing education, peer review, and payment of fees.
In order to maintain the specialty certification, the BCC-MC must:
- Maintain BCC or Retired BCC certification. (Specialty certification expires with board certification absence/expiration)
- Maintain Military Chaplain Association (MCA) membership in good standing. (Specialty certification expires with absence/expiration of MCA membership)
- Complete at least 20 hours of specialty-specific continuing education in military chaplaincy care or education useful to military care annually. (These hours are recorded on the Annual Summary of Continuing Education Hours form.)
- Include at least one experienced active, reserve or retired military professional (04 and above) non-chaplain, as part of the quinquennial BCC Peer Review.
- Pay maintenance of certification fees.
- Palliative Care & Hospice Advanced Certification
- Military Specialty Certification
- Advanced Certification Fees