Maintenance of PCHAC
BCC-PCHACs must maintain their advanced certification through palliative care and hospice-specific continuing education, peer review, and payment of fees. In order to maintain Palliative Care and Hospice advanced certification, the BCC-PCHAC must:
- Maintain BCC or Retired BCC certification. Advanced certification expires with board certification.
- Complete at least 20 hours of specific continuing education in palliative care/hospice annually. These hours are recorded on the Annual Summary of Continuing Education Hours form.
- Include at least one palliative care/hospice professional, preferably from a discipline other than chaplaincy, as part of the quinquennial BCC peer review.
- Pay maintenance of certification fees.
- Palliative Care & Hospice Advanced Certification
- Military Specialty Certification
- Advanced Certification Fees