Anton T. Boisen Professional Service Award
This award, in honor of one of the early pioneers in clinical chaplaincy and pastoral care education, is given to a BCCI Board Certified Chaplain member of the APC who has demonstrated a commitment to excellence in professional chaplaincy and made unique contributions to contemporary pastoral care.
- Nominee must be a current Board Certified Chaplain (BCC) in good standing of the Association of Professional Chaplains for at least three (3) years.
- Nominee must have served as a professional chaplain for at least three (3) years.
- Nominees will have made creative and innovative contributions to professional chaplaincy in their setting of ministry. Examples of area of contribution may include (but are not limited to) education, ministry to the marginalized, spiritual care planning, quality, delivery, counseling, research, multi-disciplinary involvement, bioethics, multi-cultural or interfaith ministry, publications, advocacy, etc.
Process of Nomination
- Nominations for the Anton Boisen Professional Service Award must be made and sponsored by a member in good standing of the APC.
- Nominations must be made in the form of the following materials compiled and submitted to the office of the Association of Professional Chaplains:
a. Nomination Form for the Anton T. Boisen Professional Service Award
b. Letter/statement explaining the reason the nominee deserves to be honored with the award.
c. Any additional/corroborating information that would help inform the Awards Committee’s selection of the nominee, including ways they contributed to pastoral care relevant to professional chaplaincy care.
- A member in good standing of the APC may in subsequent years make the nomination of a person previously considered but not selected for this award or nominate a previous awardee who may have made some additional unique contribution(s) to professional chaplaincy.
Process of Selection
- Nominees will be reviewed by the Membership Committee with recommendations for final approval by the APC Board. Upon APC Board approval, the APC office will communicate appropriately to all awardees.
- Individuals who made nominations of person who were not selected will be informed by the APC office.
- 2023-2025 Strategic Plan
- 75th Anniversary
- Annual Leadership Awards
- Board of Directors 2022 – 2023
- Corporate Partners
- The Chaplain’s Covenant
- Mission, Vision & Values
- National Office
- Organizational Structure
- Volunteer Positions