Distinguished Service Award
This award is given to any individual and/or organizations who may or may not be a member of the Association of Professional Chaplains, who either has exemplified or promoted the standards of professional chaplaincy.
- Nominee may be (but not limited to) a pastoral care provider, clergy, layperson, systems supervisor and/or administrator, researcher, theologian, educator, faith group official, benefactor, author, physician or other healthcare professional, etc.
- Nominee must have made a significant contribution in promoting the standards of professional chaplaincy or in advancing pastoral care that impacts upon the advancement of clinical chaplaincy.
Process of Nomination
- Nominations for the APC Distinguished Service Award must be made and sponsored by a Board Certified Chaplain in good standing of the APC.
- Nominations must be made in the form of the following materials compiled and submitted to the office of the Association of Professional Chaplains:
a. Nomination Form for the Distinguished Service Award
b. Letter/statement explaining the reason the nominee deserves to be honored with the award.
c. One-page biographical summary of the nominee.
d. Any additional/corroborating information that would help inform the Awards Committee’s selection of the nominee, including ways they contributed to pastoral care relevant to professional chaplaincy care.
- A member in good standing of the APC may in subsequent years make the nomination of a person previously considered but not selected for this award or nominate a previous awardee who may have made some additional unique contribution(s) to professional chaplaincy.
Process of Selection
- Nominees will be reviewed by the Membership Committee with recommendations for final approval by the APC Board. Upon Board approval, the APC Office will communicate appropriately to all awardees.
- Individuals who made nominations of persons who were not selected will be informed by the APC office.
- 2023-2025 Strategic Plan
- 75th Anniversary
- Annual Leadership Awards
- Board of Directors 2023 – 2024
- Corporate Sponsors
- The Chaplain’s Covenant
- Mission, Vision & Values
- National Office
- Organizational Structure
- Volunteer Positions