Outstanding Local Leadership Award
This award is given to a member in good standing who has exhibited outstanding dedication to and promotion of the Association of Professional Chaplains through active involvement at the local level, i.e., sub-state, state, or multi-state level.
- Nominee must be a member in good standing of the Association of Professional Chaplains.
- Nominee must have been a member of the APC for at least three years.
- Nominees will have made significant leadership contributions at the local level to APC’s support of the work and development of professional chaplains and/or enhance membership in or growth and development of the organization.
Process of Nomination
- Nominations for the Outstanding Local Leadership Award may be made by any member in good standing of the APC.
- Nominations must be made in the form of the following materials compiled and submitted to the office of the Association of Professional Chaplains:
a. Nomination Form for the Outstanding Local Leadership Award
b. Letter/statement explaining the reason the nominee deserves to be honored with the award.
c. Any additional/corroborating information that would help inform the Awards Committee’s selection of the nominee, including ways they contributed to pastoral care relevant to professional chaplaincy care.
- A member in good standing of the APC may in subsequent years make the nomination of a person previously considered but not selected for this award or nominate a previous awardee who may have made some outstanding leadership contribution(s) at a local level (sub-state, state, multistate) of the APC.
Process of Selection
- Nominees will be reviewed by the Membership Committee with recommendations for final approval by the APC Board. Upon APC Board approval, the APC office will communicate appropriately to all awardees.
- Individuals who made nominations of person who were not selected will be informed by the APC office.
- 2023-2025 Strategic Plan
- 75th Anniversary
- Annual Leadership Awards
- Board of Directors 2022 – 2023
- Corporate Partners
- The Chaplain’s Covenant
- Mission, Vision & Values
- National Office
- Organizational Structure
- Volunteer Positions