Retired Chaplain Award
This award is given to a retired member who has made significant contributions during his/her retirement years to the field of chaplaincy care or to APC/BCCI as an organization.
- Nominee must be a retired BCCI Board Certified Chaplain (BCC) member of APC.
- Nominee must have been a member of the APC for at least three years.
- Nominees will have made significant contributions during retirement years in either or both of the following categories:
a. outstanding contributions to the field of chaplaincy care;
b. outstanding contributions to APC/BCCI as an organization.
Process of Nomination
- Nominations for the Retired Chaplain Award must be made and sponsored by a BCCI certified chaplain member of APC.
- Nominations must be made in the form of the following materials compiled and submitted to the APC office:
a. Nomination Form for the Retired Chaplain Award
b. Letter/statement explaining the reason the nominee deserves to be honored with the award.
c. Any additional/corroborating information that would help inform the Awards Committee’s selection of the nominee, including ways they contributed to pastoral care relevant to professional chaplaincy care.
- A BCCI certified chaplain member of APC may in subsequent years make the nomination of a person previously considered but not selected for this award or nominate a previous award recipient who may have made some outstanding contribution(s) during his/her retirement years to chaplaincy care or to APC/BCCI as an organization.
Process of Selection
- Nominees will be reviewed by the Membership Committee with recommendations for final approval by the APC Board of Directors. Upon APC board approval, the APC office will communicate appropriately to all award recipients.
- Individuals who made nominations of person who was not selected will be informed by the APC office.
- 2023-2025 Strategic Plan
- 75th Anniversary
- Annual Leadership Awards
- Board of Directors 2022 – 2023
- Corporate Sponsors
- The Chaplain’s Covenant
- Mission, Vision & Values
- National Office
- Organizational Structure
- Volunteer Positions